Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Creamy Chicken Casserole

Is it already Tasty Tuesday?! This past week was extremely hectic and busy for me. My mom was in town and I left Friday for a girls weekend in Nashville! I bet you can't guess what my next post will be?! Anyway, for this week I picked the easiest chicken casserole ever! My husband loves it, along with the kiddos!

-3 cups of chopped cooked chicken. Again, I buy one pack of Tyson trimmed and ready chicken breasts, boil, and shred.
-1 can of cream of chicken
-1 sour cream tub-8oz
-1 1/2 cups of crushed round crackers (about 40). I use Ritz crackers and if I'm being honest, I don't measure this part, I just crush them over the chicken until it's covered. I know some people like to have measurements though!
-1/4 cup of butter or margarine melted

Combine first three ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 in baking dish. Cover chicken mixture with crushed crackers and pour butter on top. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Yields four servings.

Side note: I got this recipe from my neighbor and she uses a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store instead of having to boil and shred the chicken. I realize these recipes aren't the healthiest, but it's easy and my family likes it. I usually make rolls, Velveeta shells & cheese (Hunter and Brody's favorite), and peas or green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment