Monday, November 7, 2011

12 Month Stats and a Hodge Podge of Stuff

I still can't believe Brody is one! Our nephew's birthday is the day after Brody's, so by this point, we were on our third birthday cake of the weekend! I am definitely a sweets person, but I have never eaten so much cake in my life! Brody had his one year appointment the following week and other than him getting upset from the shots, everything went well!

Weight: 19 lbs, 9.5 oz (5-10%) I was shocked that my little piggy was that low in weight! He eats all the time- wish I had his problem :) The doctor said he wasn't worried and considering he has FOUR teeth coming in and he is more mobile, it's not surprising!


Length: 30.5 in (65-75%) Now that's more like it! Long and lean! Our newest accomplishment is using utensils! It's more of a mess I should say considering maybe ten percent goes in his mouth! He no longer allows me to feed him with a spoon or fork-he has to do it! My Swiffer has gotten more use in the past week than it probably has this whole year!



Hunter had a football game the same day as Brody's birthday! It was originally suppose to be at 9:00-no big deal considering Brody's party was at 12:30. WRONG-they moved the game to 11:00! Can you say panic mode?! It worked out fine, but I had to miss the game :( They won the game and made it to the playoffs the next weekend! His team lost by one point- they went for the win instead of the tie! We are so proud of the Panthers and they had a great season! Coach Tony was great with the kids and we are looking forward to next year!


Proud daddy moment! I must admit, I was a little teary eyed during the awards and handing out of the trophies! It's just amazing to see your child in these moments!



After Hunter's game, we had to get ready for the UT game! We had a blast tailgating with friends and spending some time just the two of us!


Now this is totally random, but I've been thinking about starting Tasty Tuesdays on my blog! I want to share a recipe every Tuesday because let's be honest, who couldn't use a new recipe? I got in a rut where I was cooking the same thing over and over, so I borrowed my neighbor's cookbook, recipes, got on Pinterest, etc. I have found some easy, excellent meals and why not share them! Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment