Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Chicken & Dumplings

Here we go- it's Tasty Tuesday! This is the easiest chicken and dumplings recipe ever! I got it from a friend who got it off of Pinterest! If you love Cracker Barrel's, then you will definitely love this! I have made it numerous times and have told everyone I know about it! My mom is in town and this was her first dinner request! She gave me a five star rating and said it was even better than Cracker Barrel's C&D's! Enjoy!!

A blurry picture of our dinner last night! It was delicious!!!


-3 Chicken Breasts (Frozen or Not)- I just buy one pack of Tyson trimmed and ready thin sliced boneless chicken breasts. Put in crockpot and add two tbsp of butter on top. Then throw in two cans of cream of chicken soup, one can of chicken broth, small chopped onion (I leave out the onion because my family doesn't like it), and a heaping tbsp of parsley. Let it cook around four to five hours or until you can shred chicken with fork. After you shred the chicken, take at least half a can of refrigeriated biscuits, cut each one into nine pieces and throw in. Continue cooking for around one more hour! Enjoy!


Sidenote: I use Pilsbury biscuits and I have doubled the recipe and it works out great! I also cook this on low!


1 comment: