Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Chicken Noodle Soup

Are you tired of chicken recipes? I swear we eat more than chicken! After the week we've had, chicken noodle soup fits our household at the moment! Both boys are on antibiotics and Brett is starting to feel sick! :( Poor Brody has gone to the doctor twice and the ER once in the past week! We couldn't get his high fever to break, he was totally inconsolable, and was having difficulty breathing on Sunday night! No strep, no flu, so they have determined he has a sinus infection on top of teething! Yuck! I am one worn out mommy! Not only is this recipe great for sickness, but for cold, winter nights too!

- One package of chicken tenders or chicken breasts
-Garlic Salt
-Parsley
-Onion, Carrots, and Celery
-Chicken bouillon cubes
-Noodles (no yolk)

-Boil chicken until tender, drain, shred, and put back in pot
-Add 4-6 cups of water (I've added up to 8)
-About 10-12 bouillon cubes
-1/2 of a small chopped onion
-Carrots 1-2 cups
-Celery 1 cup
-a few shakes of salt and pepper
-About four shakes of garlic salt
-2 shakes of parsley
-Add noodles

Ready to eat when noodles are tender! I must admit, I don't add carrots or celery because I don't like them, but it was part of the original recipe!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Luckily before the sickness hit, I was able to attend Hunter's Thanksgiving lunch at school! I have a few pictures to post from it and I have some wonderful fridge art now! I'm going to get out on Black Thursday/Friday if the boys are feeling well! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment