Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baby Brody

I'm sure you already guessed it since I haven't blogged in over a week, but Brody is here!!! I did not make it to my induction date and to be honest, I barely made it to the hospital! I started having a funny sensation around 3:00 on Friday, October 22nd! I didn't have any pain and it was totally different from how I felt when I went into labor Hunter. I finished packing my bag, packed a bag for Hunter, and waited for Brett to get home from the doctor. He thought he had strep throat, but luckily he didn't. We called Brett's mom, who was at the mall, to tell her to meet us at the hospital. My hospital is right down the road and she called us about five minutes later to tell us she had locked her keys in her car! Her friend took her spare key to her and she arrived at the hospital a few minutes after we did.

Everything was fine until we were about five minutes down the road. In a split second, everything changed. My contractions were coming back to back and I was now in a huge amount of pain. When I got to triage, I was fully dilated and they rolled me at a fast pace into a room. I started crying as I told Brett, "I'm going to feel everything!" My birthing plan included an epidural because I do not have a high tolerance for pain. There were ten people in the room setting it up, nurses telling me to breathe and that I could do it, one putting an IV in, one holding the monitor on my belly, my water breaks, the doctor walks in, and within five pushes he was out!!! I felt instant relief! I was in the hospital a total of just 26 minutes and he was here! The positive side of all of this, is that is was quick and I did feel better after this birth compared to my experience with Hunter.

Brody was born at 7:16 pm, weighing 7 lbs, 10 ozs and 20 inches long! He is a wonderful baby and only gets upset when you change his diaper! It was amazing to see him for the first time and he is Brett the III as I thought he would be! We had a ton of visitors to the hospital and big brother Hunter responded well to his brother!

We are all doing great- minus the fact that I had a stomach virus and Brett has pneumonia in his right lung! He couldn't be around Brody or I for 24 hours which led to my first emotional spell! Luckily, my mom and sister were coming to visit that night and to stay for a few days!

I plan to keep updating my blog, although the entries will probably be less frequent. I wonder why?! Thanks for all of your prayers and continue to pray for us! We are so blessed and couldn't be happier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment