Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hunter's First Field Trip

Hunter went on his first school field trip this past Tuesday! Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law, I was able to go to the zoo with him. Since the church asked the focus to be on the three pre-k classes going, they preferred younger siblings not attend. She kept Brody for me and I'm so thankful I was able to be there to share in this moment!

The kids were so excited about riding the bus! For some of them, it was more exciting than the zoo!

I have to admit, as I followed the bus there, I had a lump in my throat! I could have easily cried. I just couldn't believe my Hunter was on that bus! Is he that old? Is it really time for his first field trip?!


He was so excited when he saw me! He said, "Teep, I'm so glad you're here!" For those of you who don't know, he calls me Teep-rhymes with keep. He no longer calls me mom, mommy, or mama- it's Teep! We have no idea where he got it from and we can't think of anything remotely close to the name Teep. It's my special name from him, so I'll take it!




Looking at the elephants with Cade. He was in Hunter's class last year.


Zebras- the animal Hunter wanted to see the most!




Playing on the Safari Jeep with his class!


Watching the Swinger Monkey! I must say it was so entertaining to watch and we stayed there for a good 20 minutes! The kids would just laugh and it was so neat to watch the monkey swing from tree to tree.


George himself entertaining all of us!


Still watching! They were amazed by him and so was I!






Love this picture of us-just wish he was looking at the camera!


His teacher, Mrs. Rachel!


Such a ladies man! Such a cute picture with Lexie, Ava, and Caroline!


He was so excited about the Rhino being so close! He kept telling me to take it's picture, not his!




The last stop on our trip was the playground! Hunter enjoyed playing in the sand the rest of the time.


Class picture! A few classmates missed the trip because of illness.


All the kids and parents had a wonderful time and it's something I will never forget! Sweet memories!


1 comment:

  1. I just love the photos, Teep! Thanks for sharing such a sweet time with Hunter. You all are my sunshine. XO

    ReplyDelete