Monday, March 7, 2011

A Day Full of Sweets and Sweet Moments!

We had a busy, fun weekend! Brett worked overtime Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (he worked a total of 76 hours last week), so needless to say we had a boys and mommy weekend! The festivities started on Saturday afternoon with Lorelai's first birthday party!

I could just eat up Lorelai and her outfit! Amanda's sister-in-law made Lorelai's tutu and I have all ready put in my order for my hypothetical child! If we have a third and it's a girl, I'm having Dominique make one for me! I don't care if it's not trendy anymore by that time, I will bring it back!

Lorelai's ladybug cake! Isn't it too cute?! Amanda said they make all sorts of animals and creatures! I might have to look into it for Brody's first birthday!

"Give me my cake, Dad!" She was ready for all of the sugar and had no problem tearing into it!

She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough! Hunter's hand is also featured in this picture- right side with icing on it! All of the kids decided Lorelai needed help!

After the party, we went back to Granna Viv's house. Since Brody couldn't have cake, we decided to let him have sweet potatoes! This is the first photo after his first bite! Hand straight to the mouth and no funny face or gagging- total opposite of Hunter!

He loved them and kept opening his mouth when the spoon came near! Yummy!

Patiently waiting the for the next bite, while thinking, "Give me more, please!!!"


As I was feeding Brody, Hunter made sure to provide us with some entertainment!

It was pouring outside and Hunter got soaked on the trip to the car after the birthday party! He decided he needed to take his wet clothes off so sorry for the no outfit, but these pictures are priceless! He likes to turn the remote into a guitar and his new love is Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Junior! He rocks out to the theme song each time!

PRICELESS! He is singing the ending, "Yo, ho lets go!" We laughed so hard when we saw this picture! He's so dramatic and animated- I have no idea where he gets it from :)

The weekend ended with a mini shopping trip for me. I went to Old Navy and got a few things and then we had Salsaritas for dinner- yum!
We are looking forward to being back outside this week with the rain gone and the sunshine back! I hope everyone has a great week!









No comments:

Post a Comment